Friday, April 27, 2007

Film Reviews

One thing I would like to share here in this blog would be film reviews.

Partly, this is because I love movies.

Perhaps more importantly, my students love movies - and a popular movie is one of the best ways to reach out to the students in a way that speaks to them very powerfully. I know Nina also has experience teaching a class based on film, which is something I would very much enjoy doing sometime myself!

One item that I am awaiting with great eagerness is the film adaptation of Philip Pullman's Golden Compass. Pullman's books are some of the best books I have read in the past ten years, and they certainly give plenty of religious food-for-thought. I hope so much that the film(s) will be worthy of the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.