Tuesday, August 6, 2013

OU Email Tech Tip

As you can imagine, I get an awful lot of email because I do all my teaching online. So, I rely a lot on folders and also on automatic rules for sorting email into folders. That's why I ask you to use such-and-such subject lines in the emails that you send me; it really helps to get things sorted automatically if possible! Still, I find it hard to keep up with email, and I really prefer other forms of sharing information when possible (shared GoogleDocs, blogs, websites, social networking, all that good stuff). If you are interested, here is an eye-opening video about email and how a lot of the time it is really not the most efficient way to get things done, especially when the conversation includes more than just two people!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.