Saturday, October 20, 2018

Back-Up and Review

Since my Portfolio has grown to five pages total (homepage, 3 stories, plus 1 research page), I decided to do Back-up and Review this week, saving each Site page as a PDF and also doing a back-up of my class blog. I've never had to restore from a back-up of a Google Site or Blogger blog, but better safe than sorry.

Looking back over the past week's announcements, one of my favorites is this graphic about how rock-paper-scissors is a kind of story! I loved to play this game as a kid, but I never told myself a story about it!


I also thought this modern Dussehra poster was so cool... although the horrible tragedy of the train cash has cast a pall over the holiday this year...


And this Tom Gauld cartoon is one of my all-time favorites:


For a video, of course I have to pick Oscar Wilde's The Selfish Giant. I was delighted to find this online at YouTube. When I was little this movie, plus Nilsson's The Point, made a huge impression on me.


And hey, since I found that at YouTube also, I'll post it here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.