Saturday, September 14, 2019

Week 4 Famous Last Words: Storybook Website!

So, I published my Storybook website, and I am really excited how that turned out; I struggled at first because none of the story illustrations was really good for a banner image, and so I tried designing a homepage without a horizontal banner, but it just didn't work... so I started searching for swamp images, and I found this great George swamp image at Wikimedia. I think it turned out really well. Google Sites darkened it up some to make the title show up; here's what the original image looks like: Swamp at Reed-Bingham State Park, Georgia. By Yinan Chen at Wikimedia Commons.


And here's the website:



I set up all the pages so I could make sure I was going to get the super-scary story Taily-Po done in time for Halloween. The other stories are more trickster type of stories, but Taily-Po is definitely a horror story, which is not usually my type of story to tell; that is going to be a fun new experience trying to make sure I come up with a version suitable for Halloween.

When I publish this blog post, that will be it for the Week 4 stuff I wanted to do... although I might do some reading tomorrow too. I've got a book proposal I am working on and, to be honest, it's killing me; I waver back and forth between thinking it is the best book proposal ever and then wanting to throw it out and start over again from scratch. I've started over twice, and this time I'm thinking it looks pretty good. The publisher gave me a soft deadline of Monday the 16th, and a hard deadline of Monday the 30th. I'm thinking if I get it done by Monday the 23rd we can both feel satisfied. It's for a book series where the books have a solid color cover, and I'm currently obsessing about whether I can be the purple volume in the series. But that's putting the purple horse before the cart; I need to get the book accepted first. And then, uh, write it ha ha.

So anyway, I might be wrestling with the book proposal all day tomorrow instead of more fun and games with Anansi and Brer Rabbit. Either way it's good, though. This is the first really and truly relaxed weekend I have had for over a month, and I am enjoying it very much.

Happy weekend, everybody!

My musical soundtrack this weekend: Michael Franti.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.