Sunday, September 20, 2020

Week 5 Famous Last Words... just counting the weeks

I basically finished all the Week 5 stuff this morning, so that felt good; the next couple of weeks are really busy with all the projects coming in (good busy, for sure, but still busy), so being ahead like this helps. I do classwork on the weekends, so I should be okay... but it feels good to be ahead no matter what.

And I put up the first stories for my Indian Epics Storybook; that was really fun. I included the weird legends about Vedavati, Princess Padma, and the even more weird stories about Sita being connected to Mandodari and Ravana; here's the page: Little Known Legends about Sita. And I also used this great story about Ravana falling in love with Sita's cooking! Larger view.


Then for the microfiction this week, I did a version of The Blue Jackal. I needed to find a better fake social media generator for the Tech Tip instructions, so I found Zeoob and used that to make the image for that story; I like how that generator worked. It's definitely an improvement on the (VERY) old generator that was on the page. Here's what the Zeoob editing screen looks like:


There was so much depressing stuff in the news this week that I don't even want to think about it (like Ruth Bader Ginsburg dying... I mean, it was a miracle she as able to keep going as long as she did, but still: heartbreaking). Although there was a good thing too: I got an invitation to do a course as part of the Digital Pedagogy Lab this summer, which I am very excited about. I hope they will like the proposal I submitted for a microfiction workshop. I also had a great talk with Dr. Chuck about the LMS data privacy thing we are supposed to do for Educause in October which, gulp, just a month from now. I probably need to work on that today to figure out what we'll do next, and also get #UngradingSlowChat ready for October too.

Which is why it is good to be ahead in this class. The next few weeks are going to be busy. Too busy. Let's just hope they are also not full of tragic news and contemptible politics........

For something happy to smile at: I learned about skateboarding dogs from this tweet; I couldn't find this exact same video to put at the Padlet but I found lots of other dogs on skateboards. All so adorable! Here's the one I saw at Twitter:


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.