Saturday, August 11, 2018

Thoughts about the Assignments... and Extra Credit!

I really like the idea that I'll be doing the assignments for Myth-Folklore this semester. It's been a long time since I "took" this class and completed all the assignments, and over the years I really have made a lot of changes. To be honest, some of the assignments I got rid of are assignments I really liked personally (so I will miss doing them this time!) ... but that's the thing about learning: everybody learns in different ways, and not everybody enjoys the same kinds of assignments. I have tried to focus on assignments that most students will like, but I know that not all students will like every assignment. Here's a graphic from Alice Keeler at Twitter about that:


That's why there is all the extra credit! So if I decide I don't feel like doing both halves of the reading in a given week, I can choose to do Wikipedia Trails (I love Wikipedia Trails!) and a Tech Tip too. Or watch videos instead of read.

Anyway, I'm always encouraging people to try out the extra credit to see what they like in order to skip assignments they don't like as much and/or to finish early. I will probably be doing a lot of extra credit myself, especially Wikipedia Trails.

Wikipedia: it's a whole world of learning!






No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.