Saturday, September 26, 2020

Week 6 Story: Aesop Survivor

This is Aesop Survivor: a game of Aesop's fables made with Twine. You can click here to see a full-screen version.

Each time you choose which animal you will be... and you then find out if you live or die. If you survive, you get to choose again. And again.

It is possible to survive and win the game. But which animal is the ultimate survivor...? (To see the solution, there's a screenshot down at the bottom of this post.)




You can find all the stories at Aesop.LauraGibbs.net, and they are all included in the Tiny Tales of Aesop book (free online!).



All the death traps are on the left and on the far right you can see the ultimate survivor: the mouse. So if you ever get a chance to be a mouse, be that mouse!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura!! This was so fun and interesting! It is definitely a unique way to tell a story, and it takes interactive reading/writing to a whole new level! I was so intrigued when I kept surviving, and it was sad when my animal of choice died. This was different, but so enjoyable and kept me engaged the whole time I was reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I LOVED this story format! It was so engaging to constantly be trying to figure out which animal to choose. I was always on the edge of my seat as I tried to work out which animal was going to die and which would survive, and it made the experience so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura! I loved how interactive this was! It kept me engaged and entertained the whole time. Sadly, I chose the fox and died. I guess I assumed that the fox is usually the tricksters in the story and triumph in the end. But like you said, even the fox is foolish sometimes. I like that the mouse ended up being the ultimate survivor. I feel like they are smart creatures so that would make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura (a little intimidated to be commenting on your post, not gonna lie haha) but I had so much! I really, reallllly wanted to cheat and read the solution but I didn't. As as I was playing the game I recognized many of the short stories from the ones I read for class. I somehow managed to survive which was way more exciting than I was expecting, but yay!

    ReplyDelete

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.