Sunday, March 3, 2019

Tech Tip: More Art Widgets

I was excited about making a Hanuman art widget with the images from Wat Phanan Choeng in Ayutthaya yesterday, so today I went through my inventory of Hanuman images to create some more widgets based on images from South Asia on the one hand, and images from India on the other, plus a widget that draws on both. You can see the results below; reload the page for more images.

Hanuman in South Asia


Hanuman in India


Either South Asia or India at random


I also put both of these widgets into a page at the Google Site for my Hanuman Storybook. I am really happy that working on widgets in Canvas helped me figure out how to trick Google Sites into displaying a widget. The layout is still kind of frustrating (since I cannot control the dynamic height of the embedded webpage)... but it's better than nothing. I've never been able to include randomized content in a Google Sites page before, so this is something new and exciting. I will definitely be demonstrating this for my presentation at the Domains conference in June!

Here's a screenshot of the Google Site page with both widgets side by side:




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.