Saturday, September 8, 2018

Tech Tip: Featured Post

I decided I wanted to feature my latest story in the sidebar of my blog, so every time I add a new story, I will make it easy for people to find no matter what blog page they are on: it will be the featured post in the sidebar.

To do this, I went to the Layout, and I chose Add a Gadget in my sidebar column. Then I chose the "Featured Post" gadget by clicking on the plus sign:


Then I picked a title for the gadget and I selected my latest story post. It looks good in the preview, so I hit save.


Then I dragged-and-dropped to put the gadget where I want it in the sidebar.

Check out the sidebar: it works! Now I can edit the gadget to update it every time I publish a new story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.