Friday, August 9, 2019

Technology... thoughts for the semester

I'm happy with the tools that are featured in the class right now, and I've had a great summer working with Diigo especially, and also with Google Sites. Now that I have a way to reuse content by combining Google Docs and Google Sites (that was actually one of my biggest tech discoveries this summer!), I'm going to definitely be improving my Google Sites skills, which will allow me to do a better job of helping people with their websites in this class.




So, I think I will make Google Sites a focus for my efforts this semester. I will try to write up some more Google Sites Tech Tips, and also write up some more help pages about Google Sites features. That's been working pretty well so far, but I'd like to do a better job with that, and since I am working with Google Sites every single day now because of the new Story-of-the-Day project, I hope I can really up my Google Sites game this semester. :-)

I might even build the new Africa units as Google Sites... that would be a really cool thing to at least try, and then over winter break I could decide whether to leave them up separate from the UnTextbook or paste them over into blog posts. Hmmmmmm... this is definitely going to be a good semester of Google Sites experiments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.