Sunday, September 22, 2019

Week 5: Famous Last Words

So, I'm officially jealous of my cat. There she is, lounging in the sunset on the top of the truck. This creature has no worries. She's Queen of the Truck, life is good. Not that I want to lounge around on top of a truck... but I would definitely enjoy some time lounging somewhere.


My week got hijacked unexpectedly by trips to the eye doctor, with more eye doctor trips to come. Ugh. Just like everybody, I don't really have any slack built into my life to handle unexpected stuff like that. But at least they are not having to keep my eye dilated like the last time that this happened; just steroid drops, for now anyway. Let's hope they stick with that. I'll find out next week.

Like usual, the doctor's office is good for one thing: reading! I really enjoyed getting into a book about something called "relational-cultural teaching" that was really helpful for the book proposal (which I really and truly finished this weekend, at last!), plus there is a new audiobook version of Devdutt Pattanaik's Sita: An Illustrated Retelling of the Ramayana. I can't figure out why there is an audiobook but not a Kindle. I would definitely be making lots of highlights if I had a Kindle version too.


And I had so much fun writing the Introduction for my Storybook. Everything fell into place really easily, and I used the 4-image layout, and the images resized really nicely:


For the revisions, I'll be able to spend some time doing research on the first story to get ready; I know that the "endowments" story is in Bascom, so I'm really excited about getting to read that and taking notes for details I might be able to use! I might even put up some notes pages there at the site since I really do want to share lots of details about African and Caribbean parallels, even if that is too much to include in the author's notes. I could maybe even just do an anthology, pasting in the texts of the stories if they're not too long!




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.