Sunday, October 6, 2019

Tech Tip: Browser Typing

I wish I could remember who taught me this little trick of putting a bit of HTML code into the browser bar and turning the browser into a typewriter... I need to tell that person thank you! I think this is a really nifty trick, and also a great reminder about the power of HTML.

It's also a good reminder that whenever we put stuff into the browser bar, we are sending commands... yes, we are coding! So instead of the usual "http" or "https" command, this command is "data" (another command you can use in the browser line is "file" to open files locally). And then the rest is just specifying that it's going to be HTML data with a style for the display. You could even go in there and add different style specifications I guess, but I like the way it looks now.

And I'll just say: thank goodness for browser spellcheck to help find my typos. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.