Sunday, November 10, 2019

Week 12: Famous Last Words... Fun with Twine

I might manage to do a couple of Wikipedia Trails later today (I really want to learn more about fetishes like the rabbit's foot after reading that great article by Bill Ellis), but just in case I don't get around to that, I thought I should write the Famous Last Words now. On the one hand, this week was awful; I've thrown my back out worse than ever before, so what I thought was going to be this really easy and carefree week has not been that at all (this has been the most weird and stressful semester, what with my dad and all that going on plus getting iritis, and then our cat died, and now this back thing...), but luckily I did lots of creative and fun things, which has got to be the best possible medicine for back and all the rest of it too.

The Nursery Rhyme Maze I made with Twine was a total blast, and I used that new Chapbook style to do it.

I learned so much by doing the rabbit's foot research for my new Storybook story. It's not the best story... but the rabbit's foot is pretty amazing stuff, and the Bill Ellis article showed me how I really can, and should, look at the conjure fetishes and the folktales as interrelated. Here's the new story: The Rabbit's Foot.


And........... NaNoWriMo! I kept up with my word count as of yesterday, and I should have no trouble hitting my word count today since I got up so damn early because my back hurt and I couldn't sleep... so it's just now 2PM which means I can spend the afternoon with Nasruddin and Birbal. One of my funniest discoveries there so far was the Osho (Rajneesh) was a fan of Nasruddin stories, and I downloaded two books of Nasruddin jokes from the Osho site. It's nice to have some good Hindu-Islam synergy going on in the midst of all this madness in Ayodhya right now.

So, I could write more here, but I think I will stop and go write for NaNoWriMo. I'll take a quick look at the Twitter #NaNoWriMo stream to see if I can find a cool graphic to use to end this post...oh yeah: here we go! If I can go write something now, I'll have my 10-day streak for November. Write on! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.