Sunday, November 17, 2019

Week 14: Tech Tip... Google Docs Word Count

I know some people like using Word, but I don't; I find Google Docs meets my needs for this class, and I'm thinking about writing up some Google Doc tips for next semester for people who want to learn how to use it (since Microsoft is not going to be free anymore after people graduate...).

So, one of the things I like about Google Docs is that it offers a word count tool that you can leave on while you are typing. So, when you choose Word Count from the tools menu, there's a box you can click to leave it turned on:


Then, the word count shows up down in the lower left-hand corner.



That's very handy if you are trying to meet a minimum or, like me usually, trying to stay under the maximum.

(About NaNoWriMo, I have to say that it is really fun not worrying about the maximum when I write; maybe I will end up editing it way down... but for now: I am writing a LOT every day, and that's the goal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.