Saturday, October 3, 2020

Week 7 Famous Last Words: halfway there...

I got ahead on my class project last weekend, so that means there wasn't a lot to do this week, and I'm really glad I'm staying one week head: it's Week 6 right now, but I'm already finishing up Week 7 this morning. I did microfictions as my last writing for Week 7! The pork stew one did not come out so well but I kind of like the mango one: Anansi and the Mangoes.


Anyway, this summer I'm going to make myself a Canva expert; it's all so new to me. For this experiment, I learned how to use the transparency tool, and I'm sure that will come in useful as I keep learning more.

As you can see, I'm working on Anansi stories, and I'm more-or-less on track to publish the Sufi book later this month and the Anansi book in November. I don't know if I'll meet my target for finishing up the Ramayana stories this month so that I can start prepping that book for December 26, but that will be a nice Christmas present to myself if I can get that done.

And I'm telling myself that somehow I will find time to do NaNoWriMo in November with the Mahabharata project. School will be slowing down some, and I did NaNoWriMo last year... so surely I can at least try to do it this year. That would allow me to get the Mahabharata book done on Feb. 14 (Valentine's Day present, ha ha), which is the end of Week 4 of the Spring semester, plenty of time for using it as a Mahabharata reading option. Even more so if OU goes with the plan they floated about canceling Spring Break and starting the semester one week later.

So, I'm going to record Sufi stories and proofread Anansi and write Ramayana stories this weekend. I don't even want to think about OU politics or national politics: that all just makes me mad. 

Stories are better.

I really need a weekend of stories this weekend! Because if I think about politics, I realize we're fucked. I included the "we're-fucked" cat graphic in the announcements for Friday... and how freaky is that: I queued up those announcements before the news even came out about Trump getting the COVID! 


So, I'm going to go jump in at Twitter to do the #UngradingSlowChat for today but when I'm done with that: story-writing all day long. And I'm sure I'll feel better after I do that. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.