Saturday, March 6, 2021

Week 7: Famous last words... TORTOISE!

It was good to get back a full week ahead now; this is my last Week 7 assignment, and it was also so cool to see my famous last words from last time where I embedded the countdown clock... it's still counting down.

And I had so much fun with my Week 7 project which was adding the Tortoise page to my Trickster Storybook! 


I have tortoise stories from different countries, but as it turned out all the stories I included were from Nigeria, so it was cool to include a map of the languages of Nigeria, where it's possible to see the Efik and Igbo regions to the south. What a lot of languages, though: it's amazing!


And I just love these trickster stories so much... the more I read them, the more I want to read them. The current plan is that I'll be working on African and African American trickster stories for the whole rest of the 2021 calendar year. Plus I think I want to prepare a primary sources book too; that one will probably just be pdf and ebook since I won't want to deal with the hassle of formatting it for print. I've been thinking a lot about that and I am soooo tempted to start working on that now, but I know I really can't. This semester is seriously kicking my butt, and I don't have time. But soon: I will have time.

Last week I did a presentation with a friend who teaches Gen. Ed. science about student web publishing in Gen. Ed. classes, and it went really well, and that made me more confident for the OERxDomains conference in April. It is the first time ever that I have been asked to give a keynote address, which is pretty overwhelming, but I am excited too. Anyway, no time for new projects... I should start working on that keynote project now and make it a whole website or something because of course I know I won't have time to say all the things I'd like to say. They're going to announce the other keynote speaker(s) next week. I am sooooo curious who it will be. This is the tweet where they made me official. :-)


At the time, I thought last week really sucked (and, for various reasons, it really did suck), but looking back on it, everything worked out fine. And I am very happy with my tortoise stories! Next up will be SPIDER.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.