Sunday, September 8, 2019

Week 3 Tech Tip: Duck Duck Go / Firefox

I already had Firefox on my computer, and I use it mostly for checking the class Twitter account (although the new Twitter interface has made it easier to go back and forth between the two accounts, which is nice) ... but now, based on what I learned about Duck Duck Go as a search engine, I decided to make it my default search engine for Firefox, and also to install the DDG extension for Firefox for enchanced privacy.


Both Tech Tips are here in the "new" section, and I am on track so far to add a new tip there every week so that I'll end up with a dozen or so tips ready to go for next semester.

Just to help myself stay on track, I'll list out some more here that I have in mind, updating this post week by week:
  1. Duck Duck Go
  2. Firefox
  3. Seamonkey
  4. Getting Started with OU Create
  5. Subdomains at OU Create
  6. RotateContent for randomizers 
=========

Some possibilities... I only need 7, 8 or 9 more, so I'll figure out what looks best as I go along, plus what other ideas I might get.
  1. Getting Started with WordPress (rounding up some good tutorials)
  2. GIMP for cropping and resizing
  3. GIMP for animated gifs
  4. Hypothesis
  5. Etherpad
  6. LibreOffice
  7. MediaWiki
  8. RSS
  9. Zotero
  10. HTML
  11. HTML text editor (data-text)
  12. HTML editor in OUCreate space!
Then as a theme for next semester, I will do a reboot of the graphics creation tools. There are so many great ones out there, so that will be a fun "new" section to work on for next semester. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.