Saturday, September 14, 2019

Week 4 Tech Tip: Google Size Side Navigation

I decided to go with side navigation at my Google Site Storybook this semester, which is what I did last semester with the Hanuman project also:





So I thought I would write up a Tech Tip about how I did that:

Go to Google Sites and the site you want to edit.

Hover your mouse over the navigation area along the top left until you see a Gear icon show up.


Click on the Gear icon, and then choose the navigation style you prefer:


That's all there is to it!

The side navigation is dynamic based on the page width; when the page is wide, it displays down along the left side. When the page is narrow, it reverts to a hamburger menu in the upper left-corner (like many of the Blogger templates do).

I'm usually working on my desktop monitor with a really big browser window, so I like the side-bar navigation option!




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.