Friday, August 7, 2020

Assignments for Fall 2020... including something new

For this assignment, I'm not writing from a student perspective but from a teacher perspective, thinking about changes for this semester. I'm pretty happy with the assignment flow in the class, but I decided to tinker with the extra credit to reorganize it a bit, making it more clear and also making room for something new this semester. Right now the class works pretty much through the individual spaces, but I want to try to create a group space for sharing videos and graphics (I'll use a Padlet), so there's a new extra credit option for that.

So, here's how the extra credit array will look this semester:

Extra Reading OR Comments. [no change, but now either/or]
Extra Writing: Microfictions. [which will contain the old biofiction; I need to rework this whole area.]
Wikipedia Trail. [no change]
Tech Tip. [need to add/delete/update tips]
Mindset OR H.E.A.R.T. [I need to revise the instructions for this combination.]
Check-in and Connect. [new; see below]
Famous Last Words. [no change]
Back-up and Review. [no change]

And here are the things I need to do for the new Check-In/Connection item:

1. Create a Google Form with a stress check, maybe on a scale of 1 to 6: things are great, things are good, things are okay, some stress, a lot of stress, too much stress! I created that form for this assignment. With cats. :-)

2. Create a Padlet (I can repurpose that music one from last Spring), put it in Canvas, and write up some tips on adding graphics to Padlet and adding music videos.

3. Write up an instructions page for this extra credit option.

4. Make sure the Declarations and points all match up in Canvas by swapping out the HEART html and image file.

5. Update all the Weekly pages with the new array.

I might play with this some more, but I was thinking this could be something to make the stress check form more fun:


Here's the form:


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.