Friday, August 7, 2020

Technology Thoughts for the Fall

For this post, I'm taking a minute to look through the Tech Tips to figure out some thing I can/should/must do as the semester gets started. I never get around to doing everything I want to do there, but here are some quick thoughts:

  • remove NEW labels from last semester's new tips
  • MUST update the Blogger tips for the new interface
  • update Twine to include the amazing pandemic twines
  • more Canva tips? (use ungrading book quotes maybe?)
  • do some more advance Google Sites tips
  • maybe find some writing space with word counter (NaNoWriMo?)
  • write up a Pressbooks section!
  • more SoundCloud tips!

I really hope some students will want to join in on a book publishing experience with Pressbooks. I'll start weaving that into the class with the Story assignment in Week 2 (encouraging people to try 3 100-word stories if they want, for example, or 100- and 200- to get a sense of the difference in length), and then with the Microfictions option... plus I need to remember to update the Story Lab to emphasize that as an option too.

SO GLAD that I found Pressbooks. I hope it will help make this a better semester in this class, despite all the pandemic stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.