Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Week 2 Reading Overview: Myth-Folklore

I'm going to be taking both classes, so I'm not sure I will be doing the reading every week in both classes. The Indian Epics reading is going to be more relevant to some of my ongoing projects, so I might just get to Myth-Folklore part of the time. But we'll see! Here are the units that I am most interested in working on:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
Week 3: Tiny Tales from Aesop: I want to try out some of the storytelling ideas! 
Week 4: Tiny Tales from Aesop

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
Week 5: Tiny Tales from Nasruddin 
Week 6: Tiny Tales from India

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
Week 7: Anansi: I should have some good 100-word Anansi stories to share by then. 
Week 9: Brer Rabbit. I can never get enough Brer Rabbit!

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
Week 10: Cherokee (because I will be working on the Southeastern project soon) 
Week 11: Southwestern (that is my other planned Native American focus)

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
Week 12: Welsh Tales: I can definitely imagine doing a Welsh Tiny Tales project. 
Week 13: More Welsh Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
Week 14: Italian (I love the stories in the Crane book) 
Week 15: [Dead Week; I plan to be done by the end of Week 14, maybe Week 13]

I'm excited about having the Tiny Tales books from this summer be part of the class this semester, and if all goes well, I should have the Anansi book, plus the SE and SW Nations books ready for Spring semester, and then Brer Rabbit and Coyote both ready for Fall 2021.

The Tiny Tales books from this summer:



No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.