Friday, August 7, 2020

Time Strategies

Based on this summer, I know I'm going to have trouble managing my time this Fall. One of the main decisions I need to make is to LIMIT the time I spend reading news.

During the summer, it made sense to keep up with the news: COVID news, news about OU's Fall semester plans, etc. I wanted to be a well-informed participant in those discussions (even though, in the end, I don't think the OU administration really listened to what faculty, staff, or students were saying).

Now, though, the semester has started, and I really want to focus my time and efforts on making it a good semester in these classes. I built up a really good set of workflow/time strategies for my writing this summer, and now I hope I can continue that into the Fall.

My goal is going to be to spend one hour every day doing story-writing for the classes. I might make it my first thing to do in the morning... and, if that is not working out, then I might try getting up an hour earlier. Not my favorite thing to do, but it need be, I can do that.

Also, I didn't do any new reading for this assignment, but I'm going to bookmark some items in my Twitter feed, perhaps worth using? I'll ponder that later (I still haven't got a really good content management strategy for Twitter stuff lately; I need to do that!)



And here's a fun one from Debbie Ridpath-Ohi:


And this is also from Debbie: Just jump in and start writing! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.