Saturday, September 12, 2020

Storybook Plan: Beyond the Ramayana

My plan is a simple one: I want to do a collection of 100-word Ramayana stories, focusing on stories that are not in the Valmiki Ramayana. There are LOTS of these stories, and I've been collecting them for my Ramayana project at 100Words. Plus I already have some that I can use. I'll organize them by character, so here are some ones to keep in mind going forward:

Rama: Hanuman Seeks Rama's RingBaby Rama's Cosmic FormHanuman and the KiteRama and Hanuman in the OrchardRama and Ravana's MotherRama and the Devoted CrowRama and the Frog, Will Rama Renounce the World? ... plus Rama and the squirrel, 

Sita: Sita in the Kitchen... plus Lakshmana-Rekha, Maya-Sita, Sita lifts the bow

Hanuman: The Ramayanas of Valmiki and HanumanHanuman and SuryaShiva and the Dancing Monkey plus so much from Ramakien, etc.

Ravana: Ravana Rebukes MandodariShiva and Nandi on Mount Kailash, Ravana and Ganesha... plus the veena, etc.

There are going to be so many more than I can even use! I'm looking forward to finding images to use with them; I can use some from the blog, like this one for Hanuman and Surya:


No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.