Saturday, September 26, 2020

Week 5 Microfictions: Two Anansi Stories... animated

One of the things about a 100-word story is that it can fit in a small space. Like a Google Slide! And you can set Google Slides to autoplay... so I decided to use a combination of bolding and repeated slides to create a kind of animation! I've embedded the slideshows here and set them to autoplay, but you can stop the play, restart, pause, etc. using the controls at the bottom of each slideshow. You can also advance the show manually at your own speed. :-)


Here's one story: Anansi and the Coconut (text and more about the story). You can also watch a full-screen version.


Here's another story: Anansi and His Grandmother (text and more about the story). You can also watch a full-screen version.


I'm going to publish this post now to make sure the embedding works, and go make another slideshow! :-)

Meanwhile, here's my evolving Anansi project


2 comments:

  1. Laura,

    Okay, I did not expect that first story!! I'm in disbelief. When it said, "and tiger died" and also, "balls and all", I thought it was genius. What a fun read. I want to know the origin of the story. It looks like you adapted from another source (like we do). I followed your links, but I couldn't tell how much of the stories you changed from the original. Anyway, I enjoyed it and now I want to try my own humorous microfiction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! I like the idea of putting the story on a google slide. Very cool! Like Grayce, I was also shocked about the first story. I thought it was humorous too. I like how both microfictions were similar in that they both involved tricking the tiger. Although tigers are my favorite animals so I hate to see the tiger losing in the end.

    ReplyDelete

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.