Saturday, September 5, 2020

Fall 2020 Project Notes

This is just a quick post to remind myself of how I can try to do two projects, one for each class this semester, while still using my regular spreadsheet to track my progress like a student in the class. I think this will work (I already did brainstorming for both classes for Weeks 2 and 3, although I'm honestly still not quite sure what form each project will take)... basically it means folding the revisions into the story-writing, but that's fine.

Week 4: IE Site/Plan
Week 5: MF Site/Plan
Week 6: IE Story 1
Week 7: MF Intro
Week 8: IE Story 2
Week 9: (free pass)
Week 10: MF Story 1
Week 11: IE Story 3
Week 12: MF Story 2
Week 13: IE Story 4
Week 14: MF Story 3
Week 15: final revisions

I looked back over my Myth-Folklore brainstorming, and I think I want to do Anansi after all, and writing the Introduction will be valuable, putting Anansi in context. For the Indian Epics class, I think Women of the Mahabharata will be most useful, and I can do that more like a Portfolio since it doesn't really require an introduction; I can just jump right in with the stories. And I think I'll just stick with my 100-word storytelling approach. I really liked how those pages looked in Google Sites for my project last semester (Big Epics, Tiny Stories), so I can use what I learned then for these projects now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.