Sunday, October 18, 2020

Week 8 Famous Last Words:Sufi book published!

So today I am doing the writer's-happy-dance because I published a new book of 100-word stories: Tiny Tales from the Sufis at Sufis.LauraGibbs.net. I was kind of worried if this would work out, publishing a book during the school year when I do not really have time to concentrate and focus like during the summer (I published four of these books over the summer)... but it worked! I just put my faith in the PROCESS I had developed this summer, so step by step I knew the content of the Sufi book was getting ready to publish: the editing, the proofreading, and then the final proofreading-and-recording for the audiobook (which I finished just yesterday), and then the actual publication part which I did today, and it went super smoothly.

It's really starting to feel like an actual series of books: the Sufi book is the new one.


The fact that the publishing went smoothly even during the school year made me more confident about doing a book of microfiction by people in the class this semester, so I'll start promoting that idea next week, and then really focus on the idea in Week 10 when there is that Microfiction Story Lab option. So, I need to make it my goal to set up a Google Form for people to start submitting their microfictions; I'll try to get that ready by Week 10. And I can start sharing more microfiction examples in the announcements too; maybe I will start doing that later this week after I get the Google Form set up/

I already got some really enthusiastic feedback at Twitter already from an ed tech person whom I respect very much. The Tiny Tales project is something I would do just to please myself (every single aspect of doing these books is a pleasure, which is not something I can say of other writing projects I have done in the past)... but of course it feels even better if the books can be useful to others.

And I am sooooooo psyched to start writing Mahabharata stories for NaNoWriMo. I have no idea how I will find the time, but that's always the case with NaNoWriMo: it seems impossible until you do it and realize that, hey, it really is possible. And it will be a GREAT distraction in November because I do not want to stress myself reading election results. Instead, I will WRITE. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

To minimize spam, comments are restricted to Google accounts only. You can also contact me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or at Twitter: @OnlineCrsLady. Comments on older posts will be moderated.